Online at last!
- Dawn Rises Again National Library Press Release, 8 March 2012
- Monique Ross New Dawn for Historic Journal ABC online 8 Mar 2012
- Megan Doherty "Dawn of a new age: Pioneering feminist would stand tall." Canberra Times. 8 Mar 2012
- Genevieve Jacobs "Afternoons: Interview with Donna Benjamin" Canberra ABC local radio. 8 Mar 2012
- The Dawn lights up International Women's Day Austlit News 8 Mar 2012
- The Dawn: a journal for Australian women Library Blog @UC 10 Mar 2012
- Donna Benjamin The Digital Dawn Kattekrab 14 March 2012
- Caren Florance Dawn, in full glory Ampersand Duck, 15 March 2012
- New dawn for pioneering feminist journal NSLA News 22 Mar 2012
- Michelle Bennett interviews Donna Benjamin on Spoke 3RRRFM radio 27 March 2012
- Donna Benjamin The Dawn of a New Resource Connections (SCIS Newsletter) Issue 82 Term 3 2012, p 3-4
On the campaign
- Kate Kurruthers Inspiring women: Louisa Lawson – women’s suffrage activist and publisher Aide-Memoire: an aid to memory. 30 Jan 30 2011
- Kylie Willison
- Campaign For Trove To Digitise Australia's First Women's Newspaper Blog, Blog, Blog. 4 Feb 2011
- The Dawn – A Journal For The Australian Household New On Trove Kylie's Genes 8 Mar 2012
- Rosie Cross Digitise The Dawn: help the NLA digitise the first Australian newspaper to be run by women. Geekgirl. 5 Feb 2011
Nikki Henningham Digitise The Dawn: A campaign to raise funds to digitise Louisa Lawson’s Journal for Australian Women Australian Women's Register. 9 Feb 2011
- Lana Brindley Louisa Lawson and The Digitise The Dawn Project" On Writing, Tech, and Other Loquacities. 15 Feb 2011
- Marian Prickett Radio show Women and Technology Women on the Line, 3CR Radio. 4 Mar 2011
- Lynn Walsh Louisa Lawson. “And why shouldn’t a woman be strong and tall?”Now and then: Snippets of Australian social history from newspapers and other sources. 8 Mar 2011
- Suzanne Upton International Women’s Day: Women, how do you find ‘em? (in the Archives, we mean) Archives Outside. 8 Mar 2011
- Alice Boxhall Digitising The Dawn Official Google Australia blog. 9 Mar 2011
- Rosanna Ryan Suffragette journal set to join digital age ABC online. 9 Mar 2011
- Libby Stewart Women’s leadership takes a front seat at the museum MOAD blog, 14 Dec 2011
Some of The Dawn was already online...
Selections from The Dawn
Also See: The First voice of Australian feminism: excerpts from Louisa Lawson's the Dawn, 1888-1895
edited by and with an introduction by Olive Lawson, Louisa's great grand-daughter.
Unhappy Love Matches The Dawn Volume 2, Number 2. Sydney, June 1, 1889
The Man Question... Or, The Woman Question Re-stated The Dawn Volume 2, Number 5. Sydney, September 2, 1889
Boycotting The Dawn The Dawn Volume 2, Number 6. Sydney, October 5, 1889
Spurious Women The Dawn Volume 2, Number 3. Sydney, July 1, 1889
Modern Chivalry The Dawn Volume 2, Number 7. Sydney, November 5, 1889
The Strike Question The Dawn Volume 2, Number 7. Sydney, November 5, 1890
About Louisa and The Dawn
Standing On Their Shoulders! Jocelynne A. Scutt, Women's History Network Blog, January 2014
The literary Dawn : Re-reading Louisa Lawson's poetry and politics by Katie Hansord in Hecate, Volume 39 Issue 01n02 (2014)
History repeats for powerful Australian women by Brian Matthews, Eureka Street, 20 June 2013
Inspiring Womanhood: A re-interpretation of The Dawn by Hannah Louise Cameron (Honours Thesis, Department of History, University of Sydney, 2011)
Books and Magazines. The Western Mail (WA : 1885 - 1954) 21 Feb 1903: 50. Web 21 Dec 2011.
Louisa Lawson Memorial. The Sydney Morning Herald (NSW : 1842-1954) 14 Aug 1941: 5. Web. 3 Feb 2011.
First Australian Editress. The Sydney Morning Herald (NSW : 1842-1954) 3 Jul 1939: 16 Supplement: Women's Supplement. Web. 3 Feb 2011.
Roaming Roy discovers a poets muse - Henry Lawson's Mum The Tingle Factor Box. 8 Aug 2010
Biographies and Primary Sources
Louisa Lawson, Portrait Photo at National Library
Louisa Lawson, State Records, NSW
National Archives A4618, 6371
Correspondence with applicant Louisa Lawson concerning invention entitled - An improved combination buckle and fastener specially applicable for fastening mail bags and for other similar purposes
Louisa Lawson, Australian Dictionary of Biography by Heather Radi
Louisa Lawson, Museum of Australian Democracy
Louisa Lawson, The Australian Women's Register by Rosemary Francis
Louisa Lawson, Australian Workers Heritage Centre
Louisa Lawson, Dictionary of Sydney by Susan Magarey.
From Bush Battler to City Editor: Louisa Lawson and the 'Dawn' Journal article by Sharyn Pearce; Journal of Australian Studies, No. 54-55, 1997
The Shameless Scribber: Louisa Lawson Sharyn Pearce; Working Papers in Australian Studies, QUT 1992